Shrimath Yoga is one of the 50 ASSOCIATE CENTRES recognized by the Government of India and supported Indian Yoga Association (IYA) founded by Dr BKS Iyengar to help traditional and authentic Yoga schools to get the right recognition. The team at IYA includes Sri Sri Ravishankar, Jaggi Sri Vasudev, Baba Ramadev, Dr Ishvar V Basavaraddi, Smt Hansaji, Sri OP Tiwari etc.,
In 2019, Swami Vidyanand founded World Yoga Federation (WYF) that fulfilled the regulatory needs of certain countries like the US & Canada. Through a special arrangement, Shrimath students are eligible for Twin Certification ie both from Yoga Alliance International & World Yoga Federation. These are accepted in more than 180 countries World wide.
- Authentic, wholesome, seasonal Indian vegetarian food made with home ground spices
- All 3 meals of the day are well balanced, guided by Ayurvedic diet principles
- Indian milk tea, herbal tea and fruits are during the day
- Alcohol, non-vegetarian food and smoking are neither allowed nor served
- Mouna (silence) during meal times is observed
- Spice levels can be assessed and adjusted after a couple of meals
- We accommodate vegans & gluten-free diets
- Kindly do not bring any eatables, be it chocolates, biscuits, nuts, dry fruits etc.
- The vegetables & fruits used in the Shrimath kitchen are procured directly from the Farmers’ Market, our way of supporting the local produce & contributing to the rural economy
- Herbal teas are prepared with ingredients that are grown at Shrimath farms
- We also grow varieties of lettuce and spinach, plantain (banana), brinjal, jack fruit, guava, passion fruit etc.
- The location of the room is done on a first-come-first-serve basis. If there are fewer participants in the course then one may get a private room
- Each student would get to live in all the rooms during their stay
- Picnic activity is neither allowed nor encouraged
- You are encouraged to spend more time in silence
- No access to TV, Newspaper etc., during the stay
- You would do your personal laundry, by hand. Kindly bring the necessary detergent cake or powder. No washing machines available
- Shrimath would provide necessary tools and cleaning agents to do housekeeping and wash of bedspreads, pillow covers etc
- Kindly bring your toiletries (toothbrush, paste, hand/bath towels, bathing bar/soap, shampoo, detergent, lotions, creams, napkins etc.,) for personal use
- Kindly ensure that you have enough stock of prescribed medicines if any. If you are in need of any periodic medical attention then we request you not to opt to study a course, till your health condition improves. As the routine is very rigorous, it would be difficult to cope with, if health issues are there. Moreover, we do not have any resident medical doctor
- Any sort of disposable napkins, tissue papers, sanitary pads/napkins/ tampons etc., need to be disposed of appropriately, if used during your stay. Ask us!
- Unless an emergency, usage of a mobile phone for calls or texting should be kept at a minimum
- Internet is available only for essential purposes like mail (as per agenda). As we are in a rural setting, the internet may be patchy at times. So if you are a compulsive internet user then do think twice before enrolling to study at Shrimath. At the same time, if it is an emergency or you need to plan your travel, we would be happy to help you.
- Daily usage of Social Media is discouraged
- In case of emergency, whoever wishes to contact you can call Shrimath @ +91 9739 020102
There are close to a million properties in the World. By winning the coveted Travellers’ Choice 2020 award Shrimath now is among the top 10% properties of the World spread across 180+ Countries. This is after consecutively winning the Certificate of Excellence in 2014 and entering the Hall of Fame in 2019All these are possible due to the REVIEWS by our course participants from 43 countries. Thanks to them! A rare honour for a Gurukul model Yoga School.