Shrimath follows the Yoga of Adi Sankara where Yoga is practiced and seen as a gateway to Vedanta
Shrimath Yoga is a school. We offer an experience that is a blend of ‘ashram learning, home food and retreat living.’ The place is consciously designed to serve only small groups of students, up to 10Shrimath Yoga is not a place for picnic, vacation, holidays etc., It is a place devoted to the study of Yoga processes and principles, devoid of religious denominations. All things mentioned in the FAQs are followed to perfection. We have been fortunate to have batches after batches of great learners, and do not tolerate indiscipline of any sort. Shrimath has the right to evict any student if found to be intrusive and indecent
Yes. Since its inception in 2011, Shrimath is affiliated with Yoga Alliance International & World Yoga Federation. Shrimath is one of the 50 ASSOCIATE CENTERS approved by the Indian Yoga association (supported by the Government of India), to offer Foundation, Certificate and Advance Certificate courses in Yoga. These are accepted the world over for employment or career upgrade
A TOURIST visa and now there is a possibility to choose YOGA TRAINING option as well.
Classical Hatha Yoga as taught in ‘Satyananda Yoga’ (Bihar School of Yoga). Students learn Yogasana, Pranayama, Yoga Nidra, Mantra Meditation, Trataka, Mudra, Bandha, select Kriyas like Kunjal, Jala Neti and Laghu Shankaprakshalana along with sessions on Yoga philosophy
Interest to learn and sustain the practice is important. All our courses start from the basics and build to the level that suits you
- Request for the ‘registration form.’ Fill it out and email it back to us from your official email id. Bank details are provided in the ‘registration form.’ You could affect a direct bank transfer or ask for a PayPal invoice
- Kindly note that bank charges or PayPal commission amount deducted by PayPal can be paid by you on arrival
- Once the filled-in form and program fee reach us, your admission is confirmed
- Shrimath registers details of each and every non-Indian student with the Government of India’s FRRO (Immigration Department) and the local police station at Nelamangala. This is mutually beneficial to students as well as Shrimath. Do get 2 photocopies of your passport and visa. One for our office records and the other to submit to Government authorities
- Plan to arrive one day prior to the course start date, latest by 12 noon. This would help us to start the course/workshop in time. Also helps to know fellow students and above all relieves you of jet lag. On a practical note, the Kitchen would know your spice levels!!
- Plan to depart by 12 noon/post lunch on the last day of the course
- Sri’s inputs on Bhagavad Gita, Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Lalita Sahasranama
- Works of Swami Chandrashekara Bharati, Swami Abhinava Vidya tirtha, Swami Bharathi Tirtha, Ramana Maharishi, Swami Chandrashekarendra Saraswati, Swami Dayananda Saraswati, Swami Shankarananda Saraswati of Arsha Vidya Coimbatore; Swami Sivananda & Swami Krishnananda of Divine Life Society; Swami Satyananda Saraswati, Swami Niranjan & Swami Satsangi of Bihar School of Yoga
- Works of David Frawley, Robert E Svoboda and George Feuerstein
- Gheranda Samhita, Siva Samhita and Yoga Yajnavalkya
- Yoga belongs to mankind. It happens to be discovered and nurtured in this part of the globe. Yoga, essentially, is each individual’s personal journey towards (S)self-discovery. To understand that each soul is potentially divine, scriptural references and words of realized Masters are quoted.
- The medium of communication would be English. So working knowledge of English is necessary
- All Sanskrit terms would be explained lucidly in English and you are encouraged to ask for repetition, till you understand
- If there is any doubt, then interact directly with the teacher. Unless asked by the teacher, resist the temptation to clear doubts of fellow students during the class or outside the class
- Interactions with fellow students can be done (a) during the two tea breaks, (b) between 1 to 2 pm and (c) between 7:30 to 8:00 pm. At all other times, you are required to maintain mouna i.e. silence
- There is no permission to provide reiki, pranic healing or lessons/healing of any other nature or try to teach something to fellow students. Keep reminding that you are here to study Yoga as a system and play the role of a sincere student!
- Airport transfer: INR 1600 one way
- Yoga Alliance International + World Yoga Federation cert. fee INR 5000
- Spiritual trip: between INR 4000 to 6000
- The students would be continuously evaluated through written test and demo sessions as participation does not assure certification.
Due to the COVID situation, there are changes to the FAQs. It is being communicated to the participants registered to study